Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could help me out. I have a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 and I want to upgrade my OEM radio to the OEM GPS/NAV. I have found a few on E-bay and I was just wondering what will I need to do this upgrade. I know I will need the new dash bezel and the mount kit, but will I need the GPS antenna or does it use the same antenna as the SAT radio? :confused013: Has anyone out there done this upgrade that can offer some advise. I sure hope so!

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
No mount kit is needed. You will need the antenna and disc too.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm doing this as well, the nav is out of a 2008 Dec, I guess I would need the antenna, the uconnect stuff and ??

The wrecked truck has the bezel as well that covers the bigger deck, mine has a cubby hole space below the deck.

The 08 bezel is in a nice looking alloy look, will it fit as well? My 07 is the lovely grey plastic that dodge used for the dash and door panels, funny how in the sales manual for my truck Dodge shows about four different interior colours for our trucks but they all look like grey in real life. Wonder why they just said don't buy one of these trucks unless you love grey.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
If you want the U-connect to work you will also need the rearview mirror. You may also need a StarScan upgrade to enable it all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts