Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, installed pretty much a full thuren set up on my 2018 ram 2500 with factory rear air. Got the coils, king 2.5s, front and rear track bar, king steering dampener, adjustable sway bar and 1" links for the airbags. Everything seemed great right after the install. Probably around 500 miles on the suspension i'm starting to hear a squeak noise i think coming from the rear.. It only occurs when going over a bump or hitting uneven ground. It's driving me insane though, sounds almost like rubber rubbing against mental or something along those lines.. Any suggestions or ideas?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done all those suggestions haha.. Besides just turning the radio up. If it's a issue i don't want to just ignore it.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I have done all those suggestions haha.. Besides just turning the radio up. If it's a issue i don't want to just ignore it.
If it was fine first 500 miles then a sound all of a sudden appeared it can really only be a handful of things.

Broken part. Loose part. Under greased part.

I’d suggest making extra sure parts are torqued to spec, making sure zerks have a s**t ton of grease, and that nothing has cracked.

I’m at a loss of suggestions. Unless you received a bad shock? Short of putting a go pro camera back there, or having someone sit in your bed. It will continue to be a mystery..

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Sometimes you can isolate suspension squeaks by getting up on the bumper and bouncing each corner of the truck. Have a (big) helper do the bouncing while you check underneath. If everything is greased and tight, I would suspect a bad shock.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What he said. I helped a buddy out doing just this same thing. Turned out his leaf pack shackle was squeaking. He had the dealership grease it during his first oil service and all was good.

Sometimes you can isolate suspension squeaks by getting up on the bumper and bouncing each corner of the truck. Have a (big) helper do the bouncing while you check underneath. If everything is greased and tight, I would suspect a bad shock.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So.. i'm happy it ended up being this but it's also very sad haha. Ended up isolating the squeak with jumping on the bumpers (thanks for the suggestion) and having a friend help.. Turns out it was the stupid e-break cable rubbing on the mounting bracket...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same squeaks from my emergency brake cables running through those metal formed brackets. Found them the same way you did. They would squeak every time the rear end would bounce up and down over the slightest bumps. I ended up wrapping each cable with a short section of cut fuel hose.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Something so simple yet so annoying haha..
Another question if anyone has a idea of whether its normal or not.. For the front king 2.5 shocks, whenever i go over bumps or anything that utilizes the shocks it almost sounds like the shaft is dry..Almost like i can hear it go up and down if that makes any sense.. Trying my best to describe it haha..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.