Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from lunch and noticed an odd sound from under the dash. It only made the sound when the ignition was turned, but not yet started.
For lack of a better description, it sounds like a long farting sound. No, it wasn't me!:rof
I looked around down there and noticed some vibration and the sound coming from a circular shaped, snap on type sensor type of deal. As soon as I cranked the engine, it stopped.
It's an '01, 2500.
Any clue what it could be? I didn't get to mess with it for very long, so I'll get some pics of the part it seems to be coming from.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Without knowing what your truck is.........if you can see it, it most probably is a vacuum diaphram if it has a rubber hose connected to it.

This is part of the hvac system that in part controls the operation of the doors inside the system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't check to see if turning off the ac would make a difference. It does look like some kind of diaphram. I didn't see a hose, but I did see a few wires hooked up to it. I'll take a pic when I get home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts