Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else noticing the occational odd fill up at the pump? A couple of weeks ago I managed to get 35.5 gallons into my tank. It seems that every once in a while I will get the fill up that will go forever and seems like I get a lot more into my tank.

I am one of the guys that fills the tank to the breather tube towards the top. I tilt the pump nozzle till i get no foam and top it off to the top so i KNOW i filled it. Sometime this seems to back fire on my and I get way more in my tank. I know my 01 had a large cavity that the fuel could not get up in due to air pockets and I am thinking that the newer trucks also have this.

I also know they make a vent for the top of the tank so you can make FULL use of your tank and fill it all the way and take advantage of the extra space in the tank.

·
Registered
838 Posts
yeah, i've squeezed right aroung the 35.5 mark in before too, i wonder how much varience there are between pumps, i know they have to be certified, but i suppose someone could tweak them a little too. maybe i'm paranoid, but i need to go put my tinfoil hat back on so the gov't can't read my thoughts :w: :T:

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
Those pumps are accurate to the T. If something dont seem right they may be fudging on the Pumps. Which is HIGHLY ILLEGAL. They need to be reported. I dont know to who.

There is not any difference between any pumps unless they are broke or tampered with. A gallon on the west coast is the same as a Gallon on the east coast. There Might be a Calibration Cert on the pump somewhere with a phone number. Those pumps that are pumping 35.5 gallons into a 35 gallon tank need to be reported. IF they are accurate then great, if not the owner needs a BIG ole fine slapped on his hands.

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
one thing that I have learned is just because it says 35 gal tank doesnt mine it is 35 gallons for example a 55 gallon drum is actually 57.xx gallons full, not 55 gallons, also when does your fuel lights come on mine does with still 1/8th tank.

·
Registered
190 Posts
35 gallons is 35 gallons right? Report 'em.

·
Registered
190 Posts
one thing that I have learned is just because it says 35 gal tank doesnt mine it is 35 gallons for example a 55 gallon drum is actually 57.xx gallons full, not 55 gallons, also when does your fuel lights come on mine does with still 1/8th tank.
OK well maybe not.:w:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have heard that the neck portion and the air space by the top of the tank can hold about 1.5-2 gallons depending on if the air pocket is ruptured, and the neck filled all the way up.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I say report them on principle, damn commies Bass tards, they might as well just take a baseball bat too our knee's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts