Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm just wanting to learn some stuff and here's my question. I would like to eventually put compounds on my truck. Now i know that i would need head studs and a better head gasket because the stock studs and gaskets are good up to 40psi. 40psi is about the edge before stuff starts to go :lol3: So if putting in head studs and a gasket will hold quite a bit more boost pressure, what more does one gain from having the head o-ringed? is it just one of those reassurance things or what:thumbsup:thumbsup

Premium Member
IMO, head studs and o-rings are a must on the 2nd gen if you plan on making power.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

Registered
I run 58psi without studs and o rings.I need to get it done

Go for Broke
studs and O-ring will hold 80+psi of boost

if your pulling the head then have it o-ringed,..... it's a big job to do it again

Registered
I heard that if you keep the boost to around 40-45lbs you should be ok for awhile.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
studs and O-ring will hold 80+psi of boost

if your pulling the head then have it o-ringed,..... it's a big job to do it again
so what would just studs and a gasket hold? i prolly will have it oringed whenever the money is saved up i'm just curious:thumbsup

Go for Broke
so what would just studs and a gasket hold? i prolly will have it oringed whenever the money is saved up i'm just curious:thumbsup
i blew mine at 45 psi with studs...some hold to 50psi and some don't....it's a crap shoot

it's only about $300 to O-ring it and if you have to pull the head then do the o-ring at the same time :thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts