Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bit of problems yesterday w/ the Edge. But it's fixed and running like a bat outta hell. Only thing is that my Fuel Pressure is at 0 and still running. What can it be. All connections are good.

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
It could actually be the lift pump is down. Do you hear the pump run if you bump the switch? I would throw on a manual gauge and check it better. I have seen LP's run and not produce pressure. Or it could be the sending unit for the edge, But I would check the pump anyway.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you bump the starter, with out starting the truck, the Lift pump should kick on and run for 20 secounds or so.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that ya'll say that, I have noticed that I haven't heard it in the mornings. I'm still learning about Diesel's but how is it that the truck is still working and running fine?

·
Registered
107 Posts
the injection pump (i believe) has a vane pump inside it that will pull enough fuel to supply injectors but not enough to keep the vp44 cool or lubed correctly. if fuel pressure is at 0 you have already stretched the diaphram in the vp44. it may run for a year or a week. nobody knows. mine ran for 20,000 miles without a lift pump before the vp44 died. people told me if you can hear it running its working. not true. i had no pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts