Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tranny likes to shift into overdrive then right back to third gear passing around 35-45 MPH. I noticed that it likes to happen when you give the truck not too much gas or not enough but in the right spot to get to highway speed in reasonable time (55 MPH). I heard it could be a brass bushing in the throttle position sensor that could be shot. I'm not entirely sure but I would like some help on what the problem could be. I do have a bd diesel torqlock module that works with my exhaust brake. which splices into the VSS (Vehicle speed sensor) wire and runs it to the torqlock module and back to the PCM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My truck had a similar issue, turns out it was the throttle position sensor. Maybe start there?

Tranny likes to shift into overdrive then right back to third gear passing around 35-45 MPH. I noticed that it likes to happen when you give the truck not too much gas or not enough but in the right spot to get to highway speed in reasonable time (55 MPH). I heard it could be a brass bushing in the throttle position sensor that could be shot. I'm not entirely sure but I would like some help on what the problem could be. I do have a bd diesel torqlock module that works with my exhaust brake. which splices into the VSS (Vehicle speed sensor) wire and runs it to the torqlock module and back to the PCM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My truck had a similar issue, turns out it was the throttle position sensor. Maybe start there?
Ill look at the sensor, thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I fixed the issue, I cleaned all of my ground wires and the TPS and the plastic bushings on the bellcrank housing. I will post again if anything breaks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts