Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

261 - 264 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
How do you like that Monstaliner?

I'm thinking of using it
Time will tell how it holds up, but I'm happy with it so far. It turned out great. Nice, smooth texture compared to other DIY methods. Just did it about two months ago. Seems that the results are a direct result of the quality of prep. I spent hours removing wax, scuffing the paint, and prepping rust spots. I applied their chassis saver paint over any rust spots and it dried rock hard. I applied the liner from the body line down, including the inside of the doors and door openings. Also the rear bumper and bottom of the tailgate. So all of that is protected from rock chips and salt.

Was a two day job, but worth it. It deadened some road noise too. I want to do the inside of the bed too, but wanted to get the lower body done first before winter. If it looks good after a NW IN winter, I'll be satisfied.

I'd be glad to meet you somewhere if you want to check it out. Also, there is a deal available for Jeep Forum members to get a free quart of chassis saver paint and free shipping. Saved me $57. I can find the link if you decide to buy.

·
Premium Member
7,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Thanks for the offer, I might just take you up on that offer

I want to remove my fender flares, because they are holding and trapping too much moisture

I have looked at the Monstaliner on Pirate4x4 and it seems to have good overall reviews and nice color choices

I would also like to coat the lower body panels, at the same time when I do the fender flare arreas

I have one rust spot on the cab, near drivers side door that I would like to coat and cover over

Do you recall how much Monstaliner you ended up using?

Any pics you can post?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the offer, I might just take you up on that offer

I want to remove my fender flares, because they are holding and trapping too much moisture

I have looked at the Monstaliner on Pirate4x4 and it seems to have good overall reviews and nice color choices

I would also like to coat the lower body panels, at the same time when I do the fender flare arreas

I have one rust spot on the cab, near drivers side door that I would like to coat and cover over

Do you recall how much Monstaliner you ended up using?

Any pics you can post?
I'm usually commuting to Hammond every day, but get all around da Reagion visiting customers, so let me know when/where would work for ya.

They do have tons of colors, but since my truck is black, I just used the standard black. It blends well, and I'll bet most people don't even notice the lower body is coated. It's funny, I added flares after I did the coating. The coating should help against any trapped moisture.

I had surface rust on one front fender where the PO had put mud flaps. That's where I used the chassis saver before doing the liner. Then I had rust starting to come through the usual spot over the rear wheel well. I used chassis saver over that, and didn't want to do the liner up that high, so I hid the rough spot with the flares.

I ordered the one gallon kit, and used almost all of it. Here are some pics.

You can't see the liner very well in the pics above, but it shows here in a pic I took of new rear brakes.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Anyone around valpo have a smarty that would be up for installing high idle on my 02 5 speed?

261 - 264 of 264 Posts