Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my clutch is slipping on my 99 nv5600. my question is what clutch i need to go with? and if i can replace it myself without any specialty tools? I dont plan on going with any major upgrades so dont need a big clutch but i think i might need more than sae stuff. Ive been told by some i can do the clutch myself and others say i need to take it too the dodge house.... thanks for any suggestions

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
you can do yourself if can handle a 300 pound Gorilla named NV5600.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i did mine about 3 months ago. just have plenty of help when taking the tranny off and on. i modified a floor jack to handle the tranny lifting but was leary about it falling.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
To the OP, I think a south bend or valair single disk would be an economical upgrade for you. Yes you can do it your self if you have a tranny jack and a day. I've done a couple by myself and finished the complete job easily in one day. If you have a buddy (and some beer of course) a tranny jack and a porta power or bfh to help with the cross member removal and reinstallation it would help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts