Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did make my goal of 850 hp tonight on the dyno.:party018: But I am wanting to sled pull. people are telling me that the nv4500 wont take it. I have another 2003 truck in my driveway that has a 6spd in it. Will that swap help me out. Oh and i will be pulling in direct drive. 4th in the 4500 and 5th in the 5600

·
Registered
38 Posts
not sure my nv5600 works good at the pulls i pull in 2nd 4x4 high range but a buddy of mine has a 2001 P-pumped and twins converted to a nv5600 and keeps snapping the input shaft in the tranny

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just seeing if it worth killing a saturday swaping these trucks around. i heard the mainshaft in the 5600 is a lil weak is this true

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bet they want an arm and a leg for it too

·
Registered
38 Posts
not sure they dont list a price, my buddy is ripping his tranny out when i get my clutch back in this week and we are seeing if our local machine shop can give us a price on making one ill let ya know

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well let me know what happens with the machine shop. i think i am going to swap them out they are identical trucks just one has a 6 spd and one 5spd so i have all the parts.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ive pulled with my truck quite a bit and its a 5600 35-40 pounds of boost before i let it eat and have no problems

4th in 4 low
Ya i bet that is how it is going to go for me but i will be useing 5th 4low

1 - 9 of 9 Posts