Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering the con-FE southbend single disc.
Goal: just want something to take more power (and my stock one is shot).

What I won't be doing as of now:
I won't be doing truck pulls
No drag racing at the strip...

What I will do:
My wife may drive occasionally (She tends to ride the clutch starting out),
I may play with some other trucks/cars at stop lights,
Pull the boat and camping trailer occasionally.
some 2nd gear starts (have 4.10's ) (Can I do 3rd?)
Lastly roast my bald BFG's before I get my new ones mounted in a couple of weeks.

I babied the truck and resisted all power mods due to my stock clutch but with the new clutch I plan to do as much as I can for the stock motor except for twins as I can...(injectors and fuel pump tuning now, and turbo later) for now

With my desires can the single disc for the proper horsepower/torque handle it all or am I asking alot.

What should I avoid doing with the single disc clutch?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get the 550 Southbend clutch. I have it and love it. If you plan on going 700+ i'd get a DD though.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
For a daily driver I would stick with a single disk clutch. I don't have crazy mods and can start in 3rd if I slip it a bit. 1st is about worthless unless towing or wheeling. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
General consesus is that a dual disk does not have very good street manners. But alot of people to use them on the street no problem.

Depending on your future power goals, a single disk is more than enough and will be a little more foriving and have less pedal pressure for the ol lady when shes driving it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I jsut put a DD 3250 in mine and the pedel feel almost seems lighter then the stock one. But there is no speed shifting for sure feels like Im drivin a semi as long as it takes to shift. This seemed a little wierd to me but it is easyer to shift not using the clutch now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts