Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay after i got the codes for fuel rail pressure to low, fuel pressure to low, and the code for not enough fuel being delivered to the pump, the truck had no power nor fuel mileage. Then i was told to do the fuel filter, and i did that this morning, and now i am getting the the over fuel pressure relief valve activated, along with the others i have listed. The fuel mileage is now back on the overhead about where it was before, except only some of the power is back. And i tow 25000 pounds every weekend, and with this problem i am only getting about 8.5 miles to the gallon towing if i am lucky, when it was like 14.5

If anyone has a clue what is wrong I would very much appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
sounds a lot like ive been going through... i got bad fuel a while back and its been wreaking havoc with everything in my fuel system and particulate filter... now my injection pump has gone too

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
D,

While the changing of your fuel filter seems to have helped some, I bet you did get some of the trash through the OEM filter as its only like a 6-7 micron filter and when it got way to hard for the system to pull fuel through it from being to dirty, I bet it forced some of the trash through it that was big enough to stick the pressure relief valve open somewhat... You may need to try and clean this system up somewhat to get the rest of the trash flushed out...

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
^sounds reasonable. I sure wish i had better input but thats the route to go. I would think about finding a rail plug and see if that doesnt clear it up. If it does then you will know that either you got crud in the FRV or the shimming process messed it up some how.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts