Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Cummins Dude
2,770 Posts
No apologies necessary bud. I did call Prolightz on the phone and a representative named "Will" who I spoke with highly recommended I stay with the 35 watt ballasts vs the 55 watt. In his opinion the attrition rate with the 55 watt ballasts outweighed the benefits. Anything has to be better than stock. How much of a difference did you notice between the 35 watt and 55 watt ballasts? I also believe I'm going to change those fog lights with the hid plug in assemblies they offer.
I’ve already heard the same from Prolightz on the 35w-55w recommendation. They say the 55w run hotter so ballasts will not last as long and neither will the bulbs. Its been a year with no issues so I’m not sure what I believe.

It’s difficult to say the difference in 35w-55w because I changed the bulbs from 4500k to 5500k. That went from a yellower light to a brighter white light.

I can tell you this, that I notice a markable difference. And with the projectors in full open on high beam, there isn’t anything else I feel I need to do to my high beam 9145 bulbs.

I have the Morimoto XB LED fog lights that I swapped out for the OEM. I’m happy with those as well.
I wouldn’t put HID in the fogs. To much light is bad in a fog or driving snow situation.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I’ve already heard the same from Prolightz on the 35w-55w recommendation. They say the 55w run hotter so ballasts will not last as long and neither will the bulbs. Its been a year with no issues so I’m not sure what I believe.

It’s difficult to say the difference in 35w-55w because I changed the bulbs from 4500k to 5500k. That went from a yellower light to a brighter white light.

I can tell you this, that I notice a markable difference. And with the projectors in full open on high beam, there isn’t anything else I feel I need to do to my high beam 9145 bulbs.

I have the Morimoto XB LED fog lights that I swapped out for the OEM. I’m happy with those as well.
I wouldn’t put HID in the fogs. To much light is bad in a fog or driving snow situation.
Just completed my order w/ Prolightz. Best deal going even w/ shipping to Massachusetts. Thanks for your help, pics after install.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Please put 9006 bulbs in your fogs makes a huge difference imho.

Down the road isn't better, but the entire front/side is much better.

Also I believe our trucks come stock with headlights adjusted too high. I lowered mine a small amount and don't get brighted anymore and actually see better down road.

And for $10 it's a no brainer.......

Hope that helps.

Rick

·
Registered
283 Posts

So I did the Morimoto's and couldn't be happier with the light. Went with the same exact setup as yours, thank you for the advice. Pics to follow soon. I am having one issue, that I'm wondering if you or any other member who has installed HID's may be having. My radio reception has gone to sh*t . I'm 100% sure it is being caused by the lights, reception clears up instantaneously when I shut them off. Any advice on this? Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
So I did the Morimoto's and couldn't be happier with the light. Went with the same exact setup as yours, thank you for the advice. Pics to follow soon. I am having one issue, that I'm wondering if you or any other member who has installed HID's may be having. My radio reception has gone to sh*t . I'm 100% sure it is being caused by the lights, reception clears up instantaneously when I shut them off. Any advice on this? Thanks again.
It’s pretty common. You could install some ferrite chokes close to the ballasts.

·
Cummins Dude
2,770 Posts
Thanks! I knew you’d like them.
You could call Prolightz and tell them your issue.
There were some resisters in the kit I bought. Did you get/use those? Not sure if that’s what they do. Just asking.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks! I knew you’d like them.
You could call Prolightz and tell them your issue.
There were some resisters in the kit I bought. Did you get/use those? Not sure if that’s what they do. Just asking.
I used everything included with the kit. Are you not having radio static problems? XM is clear, it's just AM/FM.

·
Cummins Dude
2,770 Posts
I used everything included with the kit. Are you not having radio static problems? XM is clear, it's just AM/FM.
No problems with anything for me. Call Prolightz direct.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts