Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i kind of find this weird and I was wanting yalls opinion...I took the AFC out and put a 4000 governor spring in and it smokes less than before. The fuel screw is the same and everything. What does everybody think is wrong? But there is a good side,I reved to 4000rpm ONCE today and that thing sounds wicked!!:peelout

· Registered
251 Posts
Probably building more boost. More air Less smoke. not a bad thing it just more efficient now.

· I bleed Diesel
2,222 Posts
with no intercooler your egts will prob melt down head. but a aftermarket turbo would help smoke. and a 5 speed. or tight convertor. under load builds smoke. BTW just so you are aware smoke is bad. it should only smoke a few secounds til boost hits

· Registered
252 Posts
i don't think i'd rev that thing out to 4000 very often, you'll float the valves. i can get mine to 3800 with my 366 spring and i cross my fingers when i hit that.

· Registered
2,578 Posts
well no afc is just full fuel. when you floor it you are pushin those rpms high which is making more flow from your turbo. this actually sounds like it was a good modification

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.