Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im seeing about 17 psi going about 70 down the road and about 14-15 up hills with my truck on stock is this normal?

·
Trying to learn
6,338 Posts
With an aftermarket LP those are normal #s...
Stock is about 10 @ idle, 6 @ cruising...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it woulda been closer to 20. Idling at first i see 15 but after a hour or so driving it will idle at 17,driving at 2k rpm im seeing about 15-16 but on a hill it will go 14 sometimes 13 for a split second. Wide open it is doin 12-14. Seems i hear my pump alot more now for some reason though after the big line kit idling. Throttle response seems better as well as power even on a stock tune. Would having a loop in my fuel line affect my pressure any if its before my factory filter canister? I looped it so i could run direct to cp3 if i needed to for some reason. It used to be goin to the cp3 until i went with a big line kit and started using the factory canister agian for better filtration. Sorry for the long post lol

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump to the top

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
12-14 is plenty of pressure at WOT the key is flow flow more and increase the the size of your volume are your going to see a slight drop in pressure. It does not mean it is hurting you. Its allot like your charge air system bigger intercooler provides larger volume area reducing over all pressure slightly but end result is more flow.

Hope that helps some.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes that helps that what I was looking for. I was thinking it was more about volume than pressure, just like a turbo. Is there any disadvantage to having my line from my fass to my stock canister to have a loop in it? I wouldnt think so but ya never know lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts