Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched around and didn't find a thread specifically relating to this.

Just got MiniMaxx and DPF delete on my '12 G56 truck so this is the first time I've been able to watch boost levels.

Normal highway driving unloaded 75mph I'm seeing 11psi to 14psi - is this normal?? My previous truck (Duramax) deleted with the VGT type turbo typically showed 3-4psi cruising, maybe 6-7psi into a strong headwind.

Another thing is every couple minutes the boost drops to zero for a second or 2 then pops back up. You can hear the engine note change and the power falls off slightly. Again is this normal? Assume it's programmed in to do a vane sweep and keep things clean?

Thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts
At 75 mph I'll see about 8 psi, definitely not over 10. My boost is rock solid unless of course you move the throttle. Not sure why boost would be dropping to zero unless you are off the throttle for a moment.

Reactions: RallyX

·
Registered
88 Posts
i see you are in alberta, and im sure it is cold as a witches tit there. i noticed in my truck when it is really cold it seems to take more boost to produce the same power as if it were warmer out, and the fuel economy drops down with the winter fuel.

are your throttle valve and EGR equipment is unplugged/still in place? my truck used to do the same thing with boost. unplugged more useless stuff, and now it is fine. although mine would only do this when is was below 30 degrees out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha well not quite "witches tit" cold here but the one and only long drive I've done with it post delete it was around 10F to 20F. And yes the throttle valve and EGR equipment is still intact and plugged in just turned off via the MM. Maybe I'll unplug the EGR stuff and see what it does.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
That definitely doesn't seem normal to me. I think my truck is around 6-7 psi of boost at that speed. Maybe up to 8-9 at times but no higher. I never have problems with the boost dropping off either. Always stays at a constant psi as long as the driving conditions are the same.

Have you removed the EGR from your truck or just used the tuner to deactivate it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts