Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
It really comes down to integrity of his customer base at that point. I purchased one of Norcaler's tunes and I have no intention of sharing the files. I know that others may do it but doing so is really a dishonest practice if you ask me.
...and hacking the backend of the software to make changes that are not supported by H&S is not? Or selling said manipulated software for profit is not? Listen, I'm not trying to start anything here, but can you explain how this is different from selling a pirated and hacked copy of Windows7 on eBay? Cause it sounds the same to me. You take a protected intellectual property from the owner of the rights, bypass the DRM or security features, and resell the software for slightly less than the authentic software but with slightly less functionality. Yup, sounds the same to me. Let me know if I'm missing something. I really am not trying to start anything, just trying to sort things out. :confused013:

Reactions: Krazeeun

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
If I was him, I would save his sponsorship money and come back on with a different name. Stay low and don't get banned again.

I am glad of what he has done to show that more can be extracted from what H&S is giving us. Yet, really surprised H&S hasn't put an end to it.

·
Banned
102 Posts
...and hacking the backend of the software to make changes that are not supported by H&S is not? Or selling said manipulated software for profit is not? Listen, I'm not trying to start anything here, but can you explain how this is different from selling a pirated and hacked copy of Windows7 on eBay? Cause it sounds the same to me. You take a protected intellectual property from the owner of the rights, bypass the DRM or security features, and resell the software for slightly less than the authentic software but with slightly less functionality. Yup, sounds the same to me. Let me know if I'm missing something. I really am not trying to start anything, just trying to sort things out. :confused013:
Yup, You're missing something.

·
Registered
124 Posts
H&S puts a generic program on these tunners. That is working great but is not tailored specifically for different weight tow and or elevation and temperature changes. Think about it I'm in south florida very flat roads. We barely get winter here. And basically sea level our trucks are running very differently compared to someone up in the mountains or in very cold weather. This is we're a custom tune outperforms many generic tunes. Hint hint DR.TUNE

Reactions: NorCaler

·
Registered
804 Posts
Ok here is kind of the way I see it:

H&S sells us the tuner and program, then they give us updates to their original programming at no cost. If H&S was selling us the updates then I would lean more towards what Norcaler is doing as taking away from H&S, but since they give us updates for free I don't see the harm in what Norcaler is doing.

Is my way of thinking right??

·
Registered
404 Posts
Reactions: Bradob
21 - 29 of 29 Posts