Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I have hand calculated one 120mile round trip at 24mpg with almost zero city driving at 60mph. I don't usually drive that speed.

My speedo is bang in with GPS. Don't remember my tire size on mini max and I'm sure as hell not measuring it for you.

I could care less if anybody believes me, if you have mcc your welcome to try what works for me.

·
RACE KTM
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
To get back on track, with my stock rig, it was just awful off the bottom and returning bad fuel mileage as well.

To be able to wake up this truck's performance, get better mileage, all the while running a tune with a good safety margin is huge for me.

One thing not mentioned is how a better tune simply makes the truck feel lighter. When I was stock, and compared to my deleted 08 Mega, it always felt like I was towing something.

Reactions: NorCaler

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I have hand calculated one 120mile round trip at 24mpg with almost zero city driving at 60mph. I don't usually drive that speed.

My speedo is bang in with GPS. Don't remember my tire size on mini max and I'm sure as hell not measuring it for you.

I could care less if anybody believes me, if you have mcc your welcome to try what works for me.
im not calling you a liar. i just done see how it is possible. if the speedo is correct, its has to be reading the correct distance traveled. do i need mcc? cant the tunes just be sent via email?

·
RACE KTM
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
***update: I'm sorry I forgot to mention this initially, but my truck only has 2400 miles on it, so it's far from being broken in, so I would expect MPGs to increase at least a little as the miles tick off.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts