Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all great forum!! I have done a lot of reading and was hoping you guys could clarify a few things for me. I am looking a getting a gently used 07 2500 6.7. I have looked at several and the dealers are are clueless. I thought one of you might be able to help me out.

Do all the 6.7's come with an exhaust brake?
I live in MI will I have issues with cold start ups?
Do all the 6.7's come with the selectable trans (ers)???
Any advice you can give me about the 6.7 and any maint. tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

·
Recovering Post Whore
747 Posts
To answer your questions...
yes- standard
no- just make sure you run winter blend fuel or additives.
yes- standard
Drive it like you stole it and change the oil every 3-5K!

Oh yeh.....and enjoy!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Some of the very early 6.7's did not come with the EB, it was a dealer option.

·
Recovering Post Whore
747 Posts
Some of the very early 6.7's did not come with the EB, it was a dealer option.
Are you sure about that? Your not thinking of the factory Jake Brake kit for the 5.9L that was available in 2007 are you?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Are you sure about that? Your not thinking of the factory Jake Brake kit for the 5.9L that was available in 2007 are you?
Yup, I believe it was only on the C&C's though. There were some that were sold without the EB being activated. The dealer charged money to turn it on. A couple of weeks later it became standard. Again, this may have only applied to the C&C'c.

·
Registered
152 Posts

Where in Mi are you at? I am about 30 miles west of Detroit

As for the cold winters I installed the block heater cord on my 6.7 The trucks come with the heaters but do not come with the cord (which I do not understand why they could not of just put it on:confused013:). You can just plug in at night and it starts up perfect. they cost around $20 and take 30 min to install. I just bought my 6.7 about 5 months ago and have loved it ever since go for it man:headbang:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where in Mi are you at? I am about 30 miles west of Detroit

As for the cold winters I installed the block heater cord on my 6.7 The trucks come with the heaters but do not come with the cord (which I do not understand why they could not of just put it on:confused013:). You can just plug in at night and it starts up perfect. they cost around $20 and take 30 min to install. I just bought my 6.7 about 5 months ago and have loved it ever since go for it man:headbang:

I live in grand Rapids. $20 is great seems stupid not to include that with the truck considering Chrysler should know what cold winters are all about. Do you have a link to where I can get the cord? I found a good deal on an 07 I think I am picking it up on Sat.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My stealership wanted $90. I got one from dodgeparts.com which is Bremerton Dodge
in Washington. It was $31.38 Dodge factory part with all the mounting clips attached.
I know you can get less expensive ones, but I like having the clips attached.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts