Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a new 08 6.7L with about 3500 miles on it. Up until now I've only ran ULSD in it, but in a month or two I wont be able to use the ULSD. I was wondering what kind of effects that will have on my truck. I don't have any mods done on it except a bullydog chip. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
what will you be using if its not ulsd?

·
UNDERCONSTRUCTION
1,333 Posts
Im assuming you'll be using the old 5ppm instead of the ulsd which is 15ppm.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think its just LSD but not sure. I'm just 100% sure that its not ULSD. Am I best off to just take off the DPF and EGR systems off? Will that make it like the old 5.9, only a 6.7?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think its just LSD but not sure. I'm just 100% sure that its not ULSD. Am I best off to just take off the DPF and EGR systems off? Will that make it like the old 5.9, only a 6.7?
basically yes. the emissions are the biggest difference in the trucks, most parts are the same you just have more displacement.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've heard it damages your injectors and/or causes more frequent regens... Remember your dpf is a FILTER.

You should probably dig more on the subject before you cause some expensive damage, and these 6.7's are much more of and engine than the 5.9's
even with the dpf :thumbsup

Congrats on the 6.7

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I ran a thousand miles on mexi diesel and had no ill fx's!

·
Registered
10,347 Posts
I ran a thousand miles on mexi diesel and had no ill fx's!
When I was in mexico I saw quite a few 6.7's, they looked to have DPF's. I never made it to the pump to see the sulfer content thou.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The DPF has nothing to do with injectors. I only filters the exhaust.

I've heard it damages your injectors and/or causes more frequent regens... Remember your dpf is a FILTER.

You should probably dig more on the subject before you cause some expensive damage, and these 6.7's are much more of and engine than the 5.9's
even with the dpf :thumbsup

Congrats on the 6.7

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The injectors are part of the emissions system on the 6.7.....they are not the same as the 5.9 and there are some concerns that the higher sulfur fuel can cause some long term effects on the injectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts