Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1996, 2500, Club, 8', 12v, NV4500, RWD, SRW
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a Ram forum? Cummins has made engines for a ton of stuff. I'm pretty sure Chevy and Nissan used to have a Cummins.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Show me a GMC factory Pick up truck with a factory Cummins in it.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Super Moderator
24,639 Posts

·
Unregistered
24,619 Posts
Is this a Ram forum? .
It says Cummins Forum, so I'm guessing it's for Cummins powered vehicles.

I have another one that also has a Cummins, but it's probably of very limited interest to the rest. Besides, it hasn't given me any trouble, so no reason to discuss it here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have another one that also has a Cummins, but it's probably of very limited interest to the rest. Besides, it hasn't given me any trouble, so no reason to discuss it here.
we’ll what is it? This thread is the interested thread.

Show me a GMC factory Pick up truck with a factory Cummins in it.
I thought gm used Cummins for a while. Maybe not. They do have Allison transmissions tho. That’d be nice with a 12 or 24 valve

·
Super Moderator
24,639 Posts
The Conversion Section has a Cummins in just about every truck made.

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
No GM Cummins. 2014-17 Nissan Titan XD has one but it is a small V8, not the 6 cyl like Dodge,
Since the 90's or before, Ford had the Cummins engines available in F650-750 and above. They also had Gas, Cat and Powerstroke. Dodge was contracted for the only pickups and 45-5500 trucks. Ford could not use it under F650. Then it is in some buses, motor homes and commercial bans etc, not counting boats, generators, pumps etc.
No sweat if you have a Cummings in anything we will help if we can, Just post in the year of engine you have, 12v ,24v, 6.7 etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got a 1996 Freightliner with a 6BT is way underpowered for a 26’ box but runs great and very dependable. I look at my 1999 dodge 24v looks like the truck in all motor in that compartment compared to the tilt nose with lots of space .

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No GM Cummins. 2014-17 Nissan Titan XD has one but it is a small V8, not the 6 cyl like Dodge,
Since the 90's or before, Ford had the Cummins engines available in F650-750 and above. They also had Gas, Cat and Powerstroke. Dodge was contracted for the only pickups and 45-5500 trucks. Ford could not use it under F650. Then it is in some buses, motor homes and commercial bans etc, not counting boats, generators, pumps etc.
No sweat if you have a Cummings in anything we will help if we can, Just post in the year of engine you have, 12v ,24v, 6.7 etc.
What's the reputation of that Nissan Cummins?

Also, somewhere on here was a recent thread of a guy who was looking at putting a 12v into a fishing boat. I wanted to keep track of that story but forgot to follow it. Anyone have it saved?

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
What's the reputation of that Nissan Cummins?

Also, somewhere on here was a recent thread of a guy who was looking at putting a 12v into a fishing boat. I wanted to keep track of that story but forgot to follow it. Anyone have it saved?
The 5.0 Cummins in the Titan sat in a lot of disappointed owners driveways when winter hit. No MPGs to brag about either.

Cummins is well known for their small I-6 marine diesels. The 5.9 is everywhere.
The 6.7 out of the box is Standard at 500hp
Running a simple fixed Vane single

Reactions: Nater_Potater

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Somewhat related… Anyone know anything about marine diesels or know of a good Yanmar forum? I may soon become an owner of one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts