Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

I am not really prepared to delete yet since my truck is only 3 months old and I live in the ‘great’ state of California. Are there any exhaust options for those who don’t delete. Looking for a bit more grunt out of it.

Also may tune if there are any out for non delete.

First diesel so any help is appreciated as I read on lol

2018 2500 CC Laramie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check out Stealth for tuning

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
Hey All

Are there any exhaust options for those who don’t delete. Looking for a bit more grunt out of it.

2018 2500 CC Laramie
NO grunt except an empty wallet.

·
Registered
560 Posts
There are DPF back exhaust kits that really don’t do much for sound, certainly not $400 worth in my opinion. I’m almost positive MBRP makes one of those kits.

There is such a thing as emissions-intact tunes, however I’m not very well versed on them. I’d imagine they would give up your warranty anyways once they flash the PCM?

Unfortunately, if you want that deep Cummins rumble on a new truck, you’re going to be illegal and out of warranty.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My father lives in sacramento and has Calibrated Power Solutions MM3 emmissions intact tuning on his 2017 aisan truck and loves it, said he picked up 1-2mpg and got a lot more low end grunt out of the truck.

All he had to do was remove the tuner and ecm cable and it passed smog so it doesnt seem to leave a "trace" that the smog shops care about. Of course a dealer would still see it

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Stealth does not leave a trace an the ECM due to it being downstream. Check them out. Love mine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had one in my 2018 for a couple months now. I can see no drawback at all. I'm not getting any better fuel mileage, but that's more due to my driving style. More power and better response for sure.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The Stealth does not leave a trace an the ECM due to it being downstream. Check them out. Love mine.
FCA can easily tell that the truck is/was not operating within stock parameters if an issue arose. The days of piggyback tuners being undetectable are long gone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.