Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had it on a lift at my local shop, looked at pictures from this forum and multiple others, no dice. Did some models not come with the zerk or do I not have the oem set up anymore ? Thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
It's not a typical zerk (it just looks like a small derpession with a hole in the center) and no vehicles with a double cardan CV set up are without the fitting to lube the centering pin.

It does need to be lubricated or it will fail! I lube mine with a hypodermic lookng needle attachment on my grease gun.

·
Registered
9,315 Posts
x2

if your looking for a typical zerk your wasting your time LOL

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found it, can not for the life of me get an angle to get it with the skid plate in the way

·
Registered
276 Posts
is there only one of those weirds lube points or a couple in the front driveshaft? thanks guys

·
Registered
2003 Dodge Ram 3500
209 Posts
is there only one of those weirds lube points or a couple in the front driveshaft? thanks guys
Yes from what iv seen and read. I still cant find mine lol

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Yes from what iv seen and read. I still cant find mine lol
I'm in the same boat. I have scoured mine. I have the needle and everything. I keep going out and looking again thinking someday I will find it.

·
Premium Member
2007 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie Mega Cab
360 Posts
If you jack up the driver front wheel you can spin the drive shaft by hand and make it easier to locate the lube point

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
If you jack up the driver front wheel you can spin the drive shaft by hand and make it easier to locate the lube point
Been there, done that. Took pictures too so I could bring them inside. Nothing. Almost 100% I don't have it

·
Premium Member
2007 Ram 3500 SRW Laramie Mega Cab
360 Posts
Stole this from another forum

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I do not have a grease fitting on mine. It is sealed. I know what to look for as I have greased and rebuilt the cardon joint on other vehicles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.