Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My truck does not turn over. It sat for the better part of the winter and the battery was dead. I charged it and now when I turn the key to let the glow plugs warm, it all appears normal electrical-wise except it still won't turn over.
It only clicks. And not like a bad starter clicking sound. Just one small click when i turn the key and one small click when I bring the key back.
Even tried to give it a boost in case the battery wasn't fully charged but I get the same result.
Any suggestions?

Thx

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
If the battery is completely dead then it will eat all of the charge you are putting into it and not let anything out. Sounds like the fuel solenoid is clicking when you turn the key on and off. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery appears to be charged. The indicator on the battery changed after charging. And lights and wipers and other electrical work when key is on.

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
There is one problem with the indicator on the battery. Those only test that one cell. When you hit the key to start it with the headlights on does it completely kill the lights??. You might check and see how much voltage is getting to the starter and that your starter relay is working. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts