Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is going to be a long one so bare with me here...ive already done a little searching for this problem but wanted to know if you guys could give me a definite answer. it was -30 last night not including the windchill, so i plugged my truck in. tank was about half full with some fuel stabilizer in it. i got up and started it at about 10am. started perfectly, ran for about 35 seconds, than died. tried to start it for a few minutes after that and it kept cranking but would not turn over. threw some diesel 911 in the tank and some in the fuel filter. then i realized i should put some in the air dog filter, but of course, had none left. tried to start it up again and still, nothing. so i unscrewed the airdog filter and there was liquid fuel in there. then i prime the fuel filter in the engine bay a couple times and it does not fill up. im assuming this means theres a frozen fuel line between the air dog and the injection pump. and my only option would be to wait it out or get a ride with someone and put some more diesel 911 in the airdog filter...does this sound right? thanks guys

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well It's kind of late now but ya that sounds right alot of fuel conditions only protect up to -40 or -50 degree(or atleast the ones I use) so with it being -30 then a wind chill that could easily be pushing -40 to -50 degree so that sounds right have you gotten it running by now

1 - 2 of 2 Posts