Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is throwing a 0237, 0234, and a 1693 I took out the map sensor, cleaned it and put it back in and the truck still won’t start. Any advice???

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Btw truck is a ‘02 2500 ext. can long bed. Full fuel system with built VP44 and an air dog. Built 47re and a s364 turbo

·
Registered
288 Posts
Done any basics? Fuel pressure? Does the wait to start light come on? I think you need a map sensor but I also thing that it should still start up.

·
Registered
19,553 Posts
Did it die before problem or just went out one morning and it would not start? Does it crank over full speed, slow, or not do anything? Low voltage codes with sensor are often a low voltage to the sensor , not a probem wiht the sensor. Often from bad or dirty battery cables or bad connetions in wiring to the sensor. Sometimes not stafting after a high boost situation may take a while and several tries. Did you rev it up hard and let off fast and it died? Either way try bleeding injectors.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Low voltage codes with sensor are often a low voltage to the sensor , not a probem wiht the sensor.
Incorrect, it's the sensor output voltage is low.

·
Registered
19,553 Posts
Yes but low in equals low out sometimes and moire often that one thinks. see below.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Low voltage codes with sensor are often a low voltage to the sensor , not a probem wiht the sensor.
Incorrect, it's the sensor output voltage is low.
Yes but low in equals low out sometimes and moire often that one thinks. see below.

Actually what I meant to say is that is not how the ecm judges the problem. It only monitors the signal out circuit. It does not monitor the 5v reference voltage but yes, if there is no 5v at the sensor then the low voltage code will be set because the signal voltage will also be low. A short to ground on the signal wire will also cause the low output code. If you have an open on the ground for the sensor then you will get the high voltage code. Short to ground on the 5v wire may blow the ecm, it's not fused!

·
Registered
19,553 Posts
Agreed. My only point is that any low voltage code can be but is not always a bad sensor, it is often from other causes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Okay. I agree too.(y)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually what I meant to say is that is not how the ecm judges the problem. It only monitors the signal out circuit. It does not monitor the 5v reference voltage but yes, if there is no 5v at the sensor then the low voltage code will be set because the signal voltage will also be low. A short to ground on the signal wire will also cause the low output code. If you have an open on the ground for the sensor then you will get the high voltage code. Short to ground on the 5v wire may blow the ecm, it's not fused!
Truck has fuel pressure upto the VP but nothing after the VP but Is throwing no codes

·
Registered
288 Posts
I suppose that you have been trying to bleed the lines, with no success? What is the fuel pressure? I wired in a switch for my fass so I can run it without needing to use the key for bleeding.
Any details on how this all came about? Running fine and just quit? Or did it have any symptoms before it stopped? etc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts