Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time posting on here I see a lot of useful information just couldn’t find anything on my issue.

I’m trying to buy another truck for SUPER cheap (05 5.9). The guy said it ran perfectly fine and one day just didn’t start. I went to look at the truck and was definitely going to buy it if it wasn’t locked up. I tried spinning the fan and forgot the clutch doesn’t activate until a certain temp. So my question is how can I tell if the engine is seized if it doesn’t crank. The issue I’m sure is the starter. It just clicks doesn’t rotate the engine at all. I saw on here it could be the starter contact points which is a cheap fix but the issue is I don’t want to start the truck if it’s not locked up because I don’t want to risk him going up on the price or keep the truck because it runs. The guy is not a mechanic and doesn’t really understand these trucks and he literally told me if I fix it he’ll probably just pay me for the work and keep it. Any information would be greatly appreciated thank you!

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
there is a nut on the back of the CP3 you can use to turn the engine over.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
socket and breaker bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts