Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres the scoop........i installed the stock injector nozzles back in my truck so i could actually pull a trailer without 1200 degree EGT's i got everything back together and fired it up and it had a slight miss to it so i cracked a line bled out a air bubble and it ran fine.
i then took it out for a drive and got maybe 2 miles down the road and got on it a little bit and as i backed out of the throttle the truck shut off and has not started since and i am completely stumped! i have had plenty of fuel pressure all the time and im just praying to God that my injection pump didnt fail. does anyone have any other insite for me?

· Banned
1,252 Posts
sometimes when u back out of it hard it will stall but should fire right back up or try to kick over. if u have fuel pressure i would get your codes read.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did go in a read my codes.....and i came out with injection pump no conection to ecm but that only came up when i turned the key on when i had the pump unplugged because we were checking for power at it.

· On call 24/7
13,747 Posts
I dont have anything as far as help but is your truck a stick or auto? The reason I ask is I just swapped for a comp box and dont think my hx35 is gonna like my 150hp sticks and comp together. It really doesnt like my xzt and sticks together.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My truck is a auto and my HX 35 didnt really like my comp with my 150's i had pretty high egt's and then i swapped for the 40 and they were still high. and now she dnt run......ugh

· Registered
1,207 Posts
obviously you tried to bleed the injectors again? Is your instrument clusting gauges working? Check all your fuses, unplug the comp and put eveything back to stock. Whats your pressure at the injection pump?

· Registered
814 Posts
What's your fuel pressure while cranking? What was it while driving? Tell us what it is while cranking then we can help. Yeah like mopartechnician said go back to stock on the comp/.

· Registered
360 Posts
same thing happend to me about a few weeks ago...wouldnt start just cranked and cranked untill the batteries finally died. called a buddy of mine that owns a local diesel shop and he told me get one of those small propane torches, crack the valve open but dont light it! have someone shoot the propane into the turbo while ur starting the engine....(same thing as starting fluid but not as hard on the engine) and it started right up. im guessing it just vapor locked the pump or something.

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i ended up finding a fuel leak at my lift pump but i think that is because i was messing around back there and it looked kinda raddy. so i took out my lift pump and im only running my BD fuel pump on the frame rail. it runs 9 or 10 psi at the fuel filter housing and then seems to drop to like 3 or 4 while cranking for a bit. so i plugged off my return line that comes out of the injection pump just incase it was bypassing the pump somehow and still no go. I will have to try the idea with the propane today, and we are going to throw a snapon scanner on it that will be able to check sensors like crank and cam position....because correct me if im wrong these engines wont start without refference from those sensors.

· Registered
1,207 Posts
I have seen my fair share of issues with the edge boxes causing no starts and even cruise control issues

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW.......mopartechnician you have just opened new light to me......haha so you are saying my eratic cruise control that does whatever it wants to is probally because of my edge box? im beginning that thing has to go. whats the next best thing for a chip like that?

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well. the edge is out and still no start. when i crank on it with the injector lines cracked i get fuel running down the back by the tranny. but there is no fuel coming out of the fron 2 is it possible to have a bad pump and only push fuel on 1 or 2 injectors?

· Registered
1,207 Posts
don't know what to tell you, I have seen it many times, just because your getting fuel doesn't mean its at a pressure high enough to pop the injectors off, try a shot of ether and see if it runs, I usually leave 1,3,4 injector lines open put a shot of ether in the intake, start it, then close the lines, try to see if it will start and then try another shot of ether with the lines shut

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.