Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to change my fuel filter, which I thought would be a pretty simple task. I Put the new filter on but i didn't fill it with fuel because I was taught to prime it. As I was priming It I noticed that every time I pumped the button fuel was leaking out. It felt like it was still priming so I kept going. After a while of priming I was told to fire it up, we were in a rush so I went ahead and tried and nothing happened. No big deal I thought I have air in the lines. So I went ahead and cracked the injector lines and tried cranking so more and was getting no fuel. So just to double check I took the filter back off and realized it was only about a quarter full so I had a buddy take me and get some diesel. Filled it up and popped it back on. I cracked the line on top of the filter housing and primed until I got all the air out. I then cracked the supply line to the injection pump to make sure I was getting fuel to the pump (which I was) then I cracked the return line and primed and primed waiting for fuel to spew out but I couldn't get a drop. Any ideas on what to do next? I was told it could be my lift pump but I wanted to be certain before buying a new one.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.