Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first all is well then spins a bit longer then usual to start, change filter OK again. Then hard to start again, plug banjo, OK again. Then hard starting again leaking injectors???
I wanted to only replace the injectors needed. I bought two used but OK ones and began the process. I first felt every injector line and noticed #3 & #5 didn't feel quit as snappy as the rest. Then I got a 3/8 hose put on some ear muffs to quiet everything else and put one end on each line and the other under the muff into my ear. #3 didn't have the same note as the others. I changed #3 with a used one no special tools just used the tube nut against the fuel line to back out the tube and pried out the old injector channel lock and a screw driver. It's been starting better then ever. A cheap fix.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
ok......

i just hope she holds for ya man...:doh:

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
why not just go ahead and save up the dough and get ya a set of 150 HP injectors? :D

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
That would just give me the nozels and less mpg.
ok, one of us has heard wrong here, i've always thought that bigger injectors= more power and better fuel mileage if ya run reasonable speeds...:doh::confused013:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The amount of fuel an engine can safely turn to heat governs the amount of power. The reverse is true also. The more power the more fuel. A fuel dragster burns 8 gallons in just over 4 seconds to make 8000 HP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts