Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

No Right Brake or Blinker

820 6
So i have a 99 3500 with a dump body, the right brake and blinker stopped working, so i bought a new light which didnt fix the problem. Further investigation the wire Brown with Red stripe wire only gets 1.9v when blinker is on or brake is applied, the wire goes to the left frame rail and runs to the front of the vehicle, where does it go to and/of what would cause this problem on the right side only?????? any and all help is appreciated, it is one of my plow trucks and it could snow any day now!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
not even a little help?!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had a blinker issue with my truck and would cycle the right rear light. I changed the blinker relay and haven't had another issue in awhile. Just a 10-15 dollar gamble.

·
Farm Mechanic
9,193 Posts
May be a ground issue rather than a power issue, trace the wire to the ground point and clean this. Testing the relay wouldn't be a bad idea either, no reason to replace unless it is actually bad.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I grabbed a flasher relay from a junked truck and that did not fix it. Tomorrow I will be tracing the ground wire to clean/change that. *fingerscrossed*

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update, i have not traced the ground yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.