Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys,

built tranny. went out 4 times. long story. took 3 month intervals for it to go out each time. shift cable had slack in it and is now fine with a new shift cable. it has been 1 year sense last rebuild.
went 4 wheelin in snow today, lost my reverse. i can feel it click into reverse, but i accelerate and nothing.

what do i need replaced how much???

i have fully built tranny except intermediate and output shaft. suncoast clutches. forward gears work fine. any input is great!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

bump:confused013:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
maybe cracked the low/rev band servo
did you get stuck and rock it ??

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wasnt rocking it at the time i noticed reverse was gone.

what am i looking at for getting this stuff fixed? do you think/

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
needs to come out and get some exploratory surgery
pop the pan first just to see if the servo is cracked

·
Premium Member
15,634 Posts
Do you have manual 1st gear? If so, quite possibly OD directs are not applying. Otherwise look at the rear servo.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have manual 1st gear? If so, quite possibly OD directs are not applying. Otherwise look at the rear servo.
i have manual 1st gear.
how much for a rear servo?

·
Premium Member
15,634 Posts
i have manual 1st gear.
how much for a rear servo?
If you have manual first its probably not the servo.

Like I said, if you have all forward gears, both auto and manual, and reverse is gone its probably the OD direct clutch pack failed.

It could be the VB also, but, you will have to have some tests run and ultimately tear it down and figure out what the problem is.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have manual first its probably not the servo.

Like I said, if you have all forward gears, both auto and manual, and reverse is gone its probably the OD direct clutch pack failed.

It could be the VB also, but, you will have to have some tests run and ultimately tear it down and figure out what the problem is.
dropped the pan, rear band was a little loose. at least 1/4 inch movement. tightened it up. took off snap ring at servo, di not take servo all the way out, but everything looked ok. put it back together and it jumped into reverse like it used to, but still not exactly like it used to, accelerated and it still just acted like it was in neutral.

soooo, just gonna let it sit and wait till i get money and take it to a shop.

might sell it and buy a manual...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts