Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive has the truck for a month and have driven it for 10,000 miles and it hasnt gone into regen mode.

The exhaust is completely stock along with the truck.

how can i tell if its been deleted in the computer?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have you really driven your truck 10,000 miles in one month?
If so, and you have a 6.7L that still has the DPF & EGR + cooler, then it has be doing regens on it's own. My truck did three regens per tank of fuel without any bells, chimes or overhead notification.

Your driving habits are keeping all the emission stuff happy!

Fill out your signature so we know what year your truck is and what if any modifications have been done to it. I'm also curious as to how many miles are on the truck?

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I was going to say how do you know if it has or has not gone through regen mode.?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
You can't tell for a passive regen. It happens all the time when the exhaust is above 550 egt. Active regen happens when the dpf fills above a certain level (pressure reading) and starts injecting fuel on the exhaust stroke to bring the post Doc temp above 1100 deg F. You can see this if you have a gauge that monitors post doc or dpf temps. My CTS does this, it also triggers an alarm when in active regen.
When the dpf gets 80% full you'll see an ovhd message that says the same. When it gets to 100% you're screwed... if you see the 80% message just go out and drive it above 50mph for 30-40 miles and it should regen just fine unless there's another problem, like a stuck egr valve.
Read more on it and you'll figure it out.

If you're really interested in knowing if it has regen'd, you can stop by a dealer and have them read the ecm. It will tell you when, which type, how many etc regen's you've had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts