Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have the check engine light on after messing with the map sensor. I took it to autozone the said it was turbo overboost and another code I think underboost. He erased them andI started it up the light never went out. Also it does not have much power right now at all I left the battery unpluged for a while with no luck gettin gthem reset. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
689 Posts
What did you do to the map sensor? Undo whatever you did.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
more info

Thats the thing its back to exactly the way it was before. I cant figure out the harness it almost looks aftermarket or something. I bought this truck a few mounths ago afer I started looking it has had some kind of box in it. Under the drivers side it has a round plug that would go to a computer box or something the lead from the egt gauges splices into it then it goes through the firewall to a wire back in the inj pump upper topside back then one to the middle drivers side then one going to the main harness right unnder the cowl at the plugs then it runs down to the map sensor plug which looks like a map sensor out of an 01 or 02 plugged into that map sensor is a map sensor adapter as it reads on the little harness that adapter plugs into my round 3 pin map sensor than has a plug that looks just like map sensor its self just hanging there (one is male one is female) I can't find anywhere that the harness would run to the ecm or tie into the factory harness. So why would screwing with the map sensor mess anything up? This is starting to be one hell of a mess. Can anyone tell me which way the map wiring harness comes out of the sensor on there truck and where it runs to.
thanks
everyone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts