Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some help guys. Well when my truck is completely cool i start it and will idle about 7000 psi at the rail and will run great but when it starts to warm up the power starts dropping , it starts smoking constantly even at idle, and the rail pressure can be as low as 2900 idling. wont start when warm unless i unhook the ect sensor and every once and a while it will start making a clattering sound then trys dieing then revs up I got the code p0148 iv unhooked the pca deal on the injection pump then it makes that same clattering noise but it doesnt help anything. i just installed a fass 95 series lift pump thinking it was my lift pump but no dice. now im thinking injectors but now im broke so i cant put it in a shop and my trucks running like crap and i really need some help from yall

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm not as versed in 3G common rails, but if the fuel presure is droping then I would think the CP3 is faulty. Did you change the fuel filter lately? If its a warm only issue, then check the electrical connectors as you may have an intermittant issue that shows up when the connections swell from the heat. Start simple and clean your battery terminals first. Then get going with a test light and volt meter. Hopefully it is only a cruddy ground strap somewhere. Good Luck... Chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
could also possibly be the relief valve on the rail??? i am in the DFW metroplex. pm me before you take it to the shop. check your temps at each cylinder when it is not running properly and see what the readings are. what is your oil level like? over full?

·
Registered
761 Posts
It could also be your FCA sensor. Thats the sensor going into the CP3. I think :w:. That sensor can go out early if you have water in your fuel.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iv already plugged my relief valve
and my filters have been changed

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess im going to buy a fca sensor see if that fixes anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts