Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

NO POWER!! Please Help

433 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  cumminsman2002
I recently got my truck running again after it had been flipped. I had an edge drag comp installed on it when it flipped but took it off before it went into the shop. I now got it back havn't installed the drag comp yet but the check engine light is on and the truck seems to not want to go up hills or accelarate very fast. It does have low end power though. Confused on what might be wrong with getting this thing some power back without having to put the edge back on???:confused013:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Well here is a couple of thing to check... Check for main fuel line crimped or squeezed together between the bedrails & tank or behind tank & frame.

Also check plastic quick connector at the top of the tank, remember you are not looking for a fuel leak here. you are most likely sucking air into the system some where. it is possiable it could have streached the line when you rolled it over a either broke the quick connector at the tank or at the very least messed up the o-ring

Hope this will help, let us know what you find
:thumbsup:

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just recently installed a couple days ago a fuel pressure gauge to the vp could that be the cause?

· Registered
76 Posts
OK are there fuel leaking at the fitting for the FP gauge??
what kind of fitting did you use to connect to VP??

WHAT IS YOU FUEL PRESSURE @ IDLE AND WOT???

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was at first fuel leaking at the sender unit. I took it off real sealed it and it has been fine. I havn't check it since 2 days ago though. I used the summit kit with a braded stainless line. It mounted over top the schrader vavle onto the vp. Fuel pressure at idle is 12 when first started and 14 once warm. I didn't have it hooked up when I test drove the truck because I dont have a mount yet so i disconected the wires from the back of the fpg.

· Registered
1,119 Posts
if the check engine light is on it should be throwing a code, check the codes and let us know

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are the codes it is throwing. Not really sure how to fix these problems.

0236-Map Sensor too High too Long
0238-Map Sensor Voltage too High
0622-Generator Field not Switching Properly
1765-Trans 12 Volt Supply Relay CTRL Circuit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.