Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I hooked up to the family stock trailer this morning to finish fixing the lights on it. I had the lights on in the truck and the radio on. We had just finished getting the lights on the trailer running when the radio cut off. Within 10-15 mins I had lost power to everything!!! The only light that came on was the security light and that was intermittent. I tried in hooking the trailer to eliminate it from the scenario then unhooked the batteries with the key on for a couple mins then turned off the key , hooked up the batteries again and regained some lights on the dash but no odometer. After resetting itself several times I got the security light and nothing else. Not even a ding from the door. I then tried disconnecting the ecm and the same procedure with the batteries then hooking it all up again withe the same results. I'm 400 miles from home and my wife is 37 wks pregnant. I need help guys. I'm in upstate SC now and I've gotta get back to Hampton Roads VA. HELP!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and the only loose ground on the truck was at both battery terminals for some odd reason. ::banghead:: I've fixed that issue

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody huh..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On day two of being stranded here. Had the truck towed to a dealership 50 miles away...thank God for road side assistance from my insurance company. We'll see what happens now. I'm afraid my ecm or tip may be fried.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi DK,

I started my truck ('06) this morning. Let it run for a couple minutes and when I turned the headlights on it died and went totally dead like yours. Now all I get is the security light and absolutely nothing else. This happened at 3:30 am, so I haven't had a chance to check the simple things like fuses, etc. Same thing happened to me a few months back, but the truck reset itself after a few minutes and restarted. I replaced both batteries after that episode and everything has been fine until now.

What turned out to be the matter with your truck, and what was the fix?

Oh, and you must have a new baby by now. What did you have?

Hope all is well with your family.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts