Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 4x4
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen a comment on a dif forum that either the 14 or after 14 dodge was going to vm motori and Cummins to Toyota. I dont know a damn thing about vm but its from Italy. Say it aint so!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Toyota wouldn't use a Cummins either. They've got a great diesel on their own so if we ever see a diesel tundra I'm certain it'll be a Toyota engine in it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
179 Posts
That would be sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Just went to Cummins dealer and he informed me that dodge was no longer offering Cummins after 2014. That said they may offer it as option. But we all know from past history always comes down to the dead line gess will see.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
76 Posts
i got reallly scared that the 3/4 and 1ton truck were going to loose their reknown engines, but i dont know anything on the VM engines

·
Banned
28,256 Posts
Just went to Cummins dealer and he informed me that dodge was no longer offering Cummins after 2014. That said they may offer it as option. But we all know from past history always comes down to the dead line gess will see.
Your Cummins dealer is an friggin' moron

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
That said they may offer it as option.
They do now - you can still get a Hemi 2500 or 3500, not like anyone around here would want one though.

Now if he had told you the Hemi was going bye bye, we may have let that slide... :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Why would Toyota offer a diesel on the Tundra 1/2 ton?

Any truck under 8000 gross has all kind of Fed requirements. I just acquired a 2006 Standard cab long bed Ram 2500 5.9L cummins with a 6 speed. I would have purchased a Tundra if it was available with the 6 speed manual trans. Today, the Feds are killing diesel. We pay a 25 percent hit on fuel and in addition have to deal with DEF and that ridiculous particulate filter. I really don't like any of the new trucks. Anyone who has no need to tow 20000 pounds will never pay for the diesel upgrade.

I have recently talked with several commercial operators who no longer buy diesel and have moved back to gas motors. One runs a plowing operation the other works for a water company. They can't justify the cost of the modern diesel. When they need to move something over 25000 pounds the contract the job.

If I could have gotten a Toyota Land Crusier 70 that's what I would be driving but, you can't get one in the US. They area available all over the world but not here in the US. I really didn't need the power of the cummins 5.9 but it's about all I could get with a manual trans. I am getting great fuel millage but still not enough to cover the engine cost or diesel penalty.

Here is a link to a dealer in Australia

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70-series/gallery#item-images-tab-1-single_cab_chassis_workmate

It's total BS we can't get one here.

With the few diesel Tundra trucks they could sell I don't whee how it would yield Toyota any profit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the v8 in the nissan is because of it being a shorter engine length..Nissan doesnt want the long I6 ...so the v8 is smaller fits the chassis.
the toyota has a diesel in the Tocama sized trucks for yrs...its called a Hilux.. bad boys..
I have a friend who is a import turbo guy here..was in Afghanistan and had one and or worked on a few diesel hilux and he loved them...
the dodge ram50 had a 4cl diesel in it long ago...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.