Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So winter has set in and I have noticed that the drivers side air is not getting hot. It gets sort of warm, but not hot. Doesnt seem to matter what vents I have it blowing out of. The passengers side is still working like it should. So I figure I have a door broken somewhere. Does anyone know which door on the evap box controls the duel climate control? Has anyone had this problem and managed a fix? Dont mind pulling the dash, but really dont want to have to pull the entire box and have to recharge my ac. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you ever figure out your problem? I’m also having the same issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
did you find a resolution to your lack of heat on the driver's side? mine is exhibiting the same symptoms. 2013 2500 laramie with automatic temp control/uconnect 8.4

·
Registered
314 Posts
It’s gonna be the blend door actuator motor that’s all the way up by the firewall. Mine did this same thing.

My dealer wanted $1200 to do the job. It’s a $30 part. So I tackled it myself. There’s some YouTube videos out there in it that’ll help.

You have to pull the dash out to fix it. Dealer says you have to unhook ac lines to get it out, but it’s possible to do without all that. It’s a major pain to replace but it’s very possible with half a day and some hand tools and a lot of patience.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s gonna be the blend door actuator motor that’s all the way up by the firewall. Mine did this same thing.

My dealer wanted $1200 to do the job. It’s a $30 part. So I tackled it myself. There’s some YouTube videos out there in it that’ll help.

You have to pull the dash out to fix it. Dealer says you have to unhook ac lines to get it out, but it’s possible to do without all that. It’s a major pain to replace but it’s very possible with half a day and some hand tools and a lot of patience.
Thanks for the reply!

as looking at the image, would this be what is labeled as the recirculation door actuator? or would it be the left temperature actuator? So far this summer, we've had no problem with getting heat.:laugh: but there has been no problem cooling at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever get this fixed? I'm getting ready to tackle mine as the snow is threatening already..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't fixed it yet, but i did locate the cause of the lack of heat and air flow. It turns out that the evaporator core and heater core are plugged with dirt. Removing the blower motor and putting a scope in revealed the issue. So, it turns out i will be removing the dash and HVAC box to replace these items and installing a cabin filter when it goes back together. what i don't understand, i've been driving pickups for ever, none of them have ever had a cabin filter and i've never had this issue with any of them. i wonder why this style of pickup has the issue of sucking all this dirt in. Hope everyone else has their heat working!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just move to South Texas. The winter sun and seat heaters are enough 99% of the time and MUCH better of an idea than pulling the dash 😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts