Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going down the road and it just shut off like it was out of fuel
I check to see if i had fuel to the pump and did not so i replace the lift pump and now i have fuel to the pump but can not get it to the inj
I replace the inj pump and lift pump last year
can anyone help

·
Registered
361 Posts
what year is your truck?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I was going down the road and it just shut off like it was out of fuel
I check to see if i had fuel to the pump and did not so i replace the lift pump and now i have fuel to the pump but can not get it to the inj
I replace the inj pump and lift pump last year
can anyone help
if yur fuel gauge is correct and you have fuel in the tank...i'd say lines have air in there?

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
crack a few injector line loose and roll it over and look to see if you get fuel....tighten them back up and try and start it again

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,672 Posts
Filter??????

·
Registered
29 Posts
if you have a 98.5 to 02 you may have smoked the injection pump due to a bad lift pump...crack the lines at the injectors and turn it over...if you dont get any fuel droplets coming out of the lines/nuts then the injection pump is probably donebar...if your lift pump was bad and the truck shut off like you ran out of fuel than I can tell you right now that you wont get any fuel coming out of the lines when you crack them....and if you get this all figured out put A FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE OR WARNING LIGHT IN PRONTO!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's 98.5 24valve I Put A New Filter In Last Week
Waht Is The Best Fuel Pressure Gauge To Put In My Truck

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a 98.5 and just had the same thing happen, when I crack the injectors I get a little fuel, but not much. Is there a test that I will know for sure if it's the VP 44?
Thanks
Peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts