Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a 99 Cummins with a 5speed and 4x4. Every time I turn around, this thing gives me another issue. I'm lucky if I put 1000 miles a year on it. Of course, it's when I'm moving a load of two man rocks for the bulkhead it decides to give me problems. Today, the shifter jumped out of the forks, and I had to tear down into it just to get out of the quary. Now, I'm home, and parked, but when I go to restart, it's a no crank situation.

I don't know what it is this time. I replaced the ignition switch on the column last year, the batteries are good, the fuses are good, and it seems like it has power everywhere. Just when I turn the key to the last position, no crank. I've not gotten under the dash yet to see if the clutch switch is out of whack, but I guess it could be, and I'll look there next. Starter/solinoid is less than 3000 miles old.

Anyone got any other ideas before I let this one rust away?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What a pain. I decided to break my back and crawl up under the dash to put a jumper on the clutch switch. That's my issue. Yay Dodge!

·
Registered
18,870 Posts
OK glad you found it. last week mine did that and it was the ignition starter wire broke off and would not start in Walmart parking lot. Had to hot wire the starter and did not even see it then until I got working on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts