Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

No CD

3797 36
So I was looking for Black 3500 MC. With black interior dealer found '13 Laramie gave me what I think is good price...for whatever reason (excited, no long waiting, price) I failed to notice there was no cd has HD radio etc but no cd. Question is how much $ difficulty to get one. Thanks
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Unsure it has no cd? Should be in the console, but if it's not you can have one added.

Reactions: Drzr

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, truck will be delivered Monday but after got home read and read spec sheet and others online...its $195 option and is not listed on my sheet..dealer said if not listed does not have...I'll just have to wait till Monday. Thanks

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Salesman "consoling" answer..everything is going digital and to thumb drives and people are not using cd much...they always have an answer!
In this case, I would have to agree with the salesman. I've still got 2 other vehicles here with CD players and I don't know when the last time I used it in either vehicle. I also know that on one vehicle, I burned MP3s, onto the CD, and play the MP3s. So it's I guess you can say I'm not really listening to CDs. Plus, most of my friends now listen to MP3 or stream music from Pandora via bluetooth... Not much CD playing going on, I guess, around me....

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Is your coming with the UConnect 3.0 base radio? Mine came with that and it didnt have the CD player either. I knew I was going to do a double din swap so it wasnt a big deal.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You don't need a CD. They are almost obsolete just like cassettes. Get a small thumb drive or SD card. Put your whole ITunes library on it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't need a CD. They are almost obsolete just like cassettes. Get a small thumb drive or SD card. Put your whole ITunes library on it.
Thanks! As stated I'm not up to speed on technology. Our church uses CDs for recording service. Can I put that from cd to thumb drive?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Thanks! As stated I'm not up to speed on technology. Our church uses CDs for recording service. Can I put that from cd to thumb drive?
Yes you can. Just convert the audio to MP3 and you'll be good to go. Check with your church to see if they already have the file in MP3 format. They might record to MP3 then convert to CD to burn.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Yes you can. Just convert the audio to MP3 and you'll be good to go. Check with your church to see if they already have the file in MP3 format. They might record to MP3 then convert to CD to burn.
Thanks! I'll ask about that. I've heard them talking about burning and don't have a clue...thought they may burn with fire some that was old or had something wrong.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Mine has the CD. Tried a DVD movie hoping it would work, but it was a no go.
So now it's an obsolete item in my truck. I use an iPod NANO for my entire music files plugged into the USB port.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You can put anything from CD to a thumb drive or SD by converting to MP3. Will not be a problem. As long as you have computer access, which I'm assuming you have, and the programs which you can download free from the internet to convert to MP3 or the file type required. ITunes will be the best choice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So now it's an obsolete item in my truck. I use an iPod NANO for my entire music files plugged into the USB port.
Thanks but as mentioned our church gives out cd/dvd and was wondering what could be done.dae and tkd01 gave suggestion I will check into.

·
Green Angel
2015 RAM 2500, CTD, MCRBB, Laramie (SLT)!
931 Posts
Drzr PM (private message) sent to ya.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I dont know about OEM but did set the parking brake while trying to play the movie? This is a safety feature so you dont watch movies while driving.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.