Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my truck died, no sputter or anything, just died. None of my analog gauges work, fuel, water temp, nothing. All of my dummy lights are coming on , check engine light, check gauges light, all sorts of stuff. BUT, I'm not getting a wait to start light. The truck will crank, just won't start. It is not throwing any codes, but in the odometer it is reading no buS. Has anyone had an experience with that? I researched it and buS is a network of wires that communicate to make the truck run. My thinking is that a wire shorted out and possibly is not telling my heater core to heat the fuel??? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
I've got to run and don't have time to look, but that NO BUS error has been discussed on the forum several times. Might try a search and look at some old threads.

Seems like reseating one of the connectors going into the PCM has fixed it on occasion.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thank you for the quick reply, but I did a search before I posted, and I came up with nothing.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I fixed the problem temporarily. I got out my handy test light, and I discovered the hole where my fuel system relay goes, does not have any power to it. So I ran a wire direct from the battery to the positive hole of the relay, plugged in the relay, and all of my fuel pumps were workin! So I tried to pull start it (it had lost prime) and it fired up and runs very smooth and very strong. The only thing is, to shut off my fuel pumps I have to open the hood and disconnect my wire from the battery. I tried runnin the power from the battery through an inline fuse to a switch inside the cab, but it kept melting fuses, so I'm back to putting the wire back on the battery. Is the lift pump meant to be a pressure pump? To where it builds pressure then shuts off and starts again when it needs pressure?? Is my Carter a pressure pump also? If they are, I can't leave it the way it is, because they'll be runnin all the time. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts