Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some new injectors into my 01 Cummins and all was great until i went to start it up. The gauges didnt do much and the engine code came on and a lil code saying "no bus" where the odometer reads. The truck has no fuel pressure at the moment. Is there something special you have to do after installing injectors? PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
76 Posts
after u installed the injectors did u bleed the sytem to every injector for air in the lines and the fuel filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no....it has no fuel pressure at the moment....the truck seems to be in a safe mode where almost nothing is working. I know you got to bleedo ut the air, but first i got to get the fuel pump to turn on and act normal

·
Registered
246 Posts
That is a Dodge code nothing with Cummins unless you unplugged a Dodge electrical connector on the Cummins.
Each result from that 'No Bus' message has been different.

I've seriously written to Dodge and asked them to just change that frickin code to say "SCU"....Something Came Unplugged :) . I've seen and heard that come on in Neons, Caravans and even our Rams plus many other Dodge vehicles AND have seen them happen from anything to adding a new gauge to changing an intank fuel pump.

Just my advice but I wouldn't troubleshoot the engine anymore for that code...but rather something with the chassis itself.

·
Registered
246 Posts
no....it has no fuel pressure at the moment....the truck seems to be in a safe mode where almost nothing is working. I know you got to bleedo ut the air, but first i got to get the fuel pump to turn on and act normal
What's the verdict? I ask because I'm creating a write up on this "No Bus" error and putting it up on my site. These are caused by data lines not power/ground lines.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well give me a link to that write up so i can sit and calmly read something instead of pulling my hair out hunting for this mysterious problem in the wiring

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I just installed some new injectors into my 01 Cummins and all was great until i went to start it up. The gauges didnt do much and the engine code came on and a lil code saying "no bus" where the odometer reads. The truck has no fuel pressure at the moment. Is there something special you have to do after installing injectors? PLEASE HELP
Did you put the injectors back in the same cylinders?

The engines remember the injectors per cylinder.

If you got them mixed up it wont do anything.:thumbsup

·
Registered
435 Posts
Did you put the injectors back in the same cylinders?

The engines remember the injectors per cylinder.

If you got them mixed up it wont do anything.:thumbsup
Where did you hear this, :lol3:

Id take the battery cables off for awhile and then put them back on and see what you have. Did you knock anything loose? VP44 harness? ECM harness?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahahahhah....if my truck was that smart it should be able to fix itself instead of leaving me a retarded "n0 buS" message :)

I didnt knock anything loose either....still lost

·
Registered
246 Posts
well give me a link to that write up so i can sit and calmly read something instead of pulling my hair out hunting for this mysterious problem in the wiring
Tried but like many other posts in here they just get deleted. Search Jeep and Chargerforums for "No Bus" and you'll see the helpful write ups I've been working on with a few Dodge techs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts