Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 2005 2500 with a six gun, banks high ram intake manifold, and banks monster exaust. i just baught the truck2 weeks ago its my first diesel. so i had it turned up to 4 to stomp this little car in a race it gets to aprox 41 psi boost the waste gate opens lets off defuels and all that jazz. so now i get only 10 psi if i stomp on it loud hissing noise from turbo area. and a little light black smoke now from lack of air.
ok i checked all lines for leaks, checked clamps for tightness. i thaught the waste gate was stuck open but i can accuate it with my hand. Im lost please help.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i pulled off the intake so i could look at the compressor wheel blades are in good shape but bolt has vertical and lateral play but not front to back???? any sugestion besides waste gate or loose tubing?:banghead:

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok dumb question what exactly is the intercooler boot? upon futer investgation found the noise is coming from around the intercooler.:thumbsup: now its blowing white smoke not light black.:confused013:

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Best bet would be to call a vendor that's on here tomorow morning...

The intercooler boots are the "rubber hoses" that connect the intake piping together...

Sometimes they slide off the pipe, even though the clamp is still tight.

I think on early '05's the intercoolers had plastic tanks, and they are notorious for blowing the end gaskets...

Merrick

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:yourock: you nailed it. plastic end of the intercooler separated from the cooler just enough to loose all my boost. going to shop around tonight. I found a older cooler that is all metal for 100 on craigslist but dont know if i can make it work. not sure what year the cooler is. thanks again for the help. Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.