Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 8 thousand miles ago had a built revmax trans installed in my truck and it has been working fine for the 5 thousand miles. But now every once in a while it will not down shift into first gear and what I have to do is shut the truck down and restart it and the trans starts working again it started doing it about once a month and now it's doing it twice a week. No codes fluild is good. Please point me in the right direction

·
Banned
2,174 Posts
About 8 thousand miles ago had a built revmax trans installed in my truck and it has been working fine for the 5 thousand miles. But now every once in a while it will not down shift into first gear and what I have to do is shut the truck down and restart it and the trans starts working again it started doing it about once a month and now it's doing it twice a week. No codes fluild is good. Please point me in the right direction
It is most likely the governor transducer. Please check the vehicle for codes (Snap on or equivalent scanner).

Next thing is to bring it to a shop and watch actual vs desired governor pressure when the issue is happening. This will pinpoint the issue.

You can give us a call and we can discuss as well

·
Registered
38 Posts
my 01 was doing that and it was one of the speed sensors if i remember correctly, maybe the one in the rear end housing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Clean your battery post . also it could be a speed sensor there is on on the trans and on the rear end easy to change out .

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Revmax I did call you guys when it first started to happen and you told me if there was no codes and since my first gear keeps coming back that it was more than likely not the gov. Switch so I'm trying to get other options. But if it was a speed sensor on the trans wouldn't that cause no Speedo. I just really want to get this fixed due to my truck pulls a landscape trailer everyday and there is no telling when I will lose first gear. It doesn't matter if it's hot or cold when it does it. Oh and it has no codes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would change the speed sensor on the trans , when the speed sensor on the rear end went bad on my truck my tac and speedo was acting up.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Revmax is sending me the servo thing in the valve body lol if that doesn't fix it then he said we will try something else. And yes there is a warranty and revmax is standing behind it. They just wished I had more if to tell them but they are trying to diag. It with just what I'm telling them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts