Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im shopping for new tires but cant figure out what i want........ i have been mostly looking at the toyo at's and the nitto terra grappler. i like both tires and have heard good things about the nitto's from tire shop here but they are more expensive. The toyo's are 175 installed plus tax and the nitto's are 198 just cant decide what to do! :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
im jumping on your back on this one cuz i wana see too... cuz i am looking at 325/65/18 so i wana hear too!!! thanks for the ride!:lol3:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Well i have the Nito Terra grapplers and i have 20,000+ some... and they still have at lease 20,000 more to go... nice riddin tire, i like em :peelout

·
Registered
247 Posts
Toyo owns Nitto. The Toyo is their higher end line and should last you a little longer. They have probably raised the prices on the Nitto due to demand.

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
:agree2:...I run the Toyo's open AT's and have over 80k on them and i will be putting the same back on :thumbsup

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i just found the nitto's for 160 installed so i think im going to try them out...... if they dont do any good i will try the toyo's next go around. the guy said they have been seeing real good mileage out of them even with people towing. So i guess we will see.....ill keep you guys posted.......i like the tread design of the nitto's a little more than the toyo's also

·
Premium Member
1,682 Posts
I have run the toyos and the nittos and personally I will never run the toyo at on any of my vehicles again. I work in a tire shop and I havent met very many of our customers who are satisfied with the toyo at's. I am on my second set of nitto terra grapplers and they are the best tires I have run so far. I ran through a set of 285/65/18s and now I am currently running a set of 325/60/18s and they are doing real good.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Get some Coopers, they're made in the USA!!! Great tires also!!!
I ran Coopers and they were a great tire. I am running the Nitto Terra Grappler now and they are a good tire as well. They also have a big ole " MADE IN USA" on the side of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
good choice. I have the toyos and they did not last near as long as i think they should have for the price. I do tow a lot, and have 7000 cross country miles on them pulling a 14,000 trailer. But i've only got about 30,000 miles out of them and expect to get maybe another 10k. Not sure whats going on next but i'm not thinking toyo.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I love my Toyo M/T's. Given the choice between them and the mud grapplers there is no comparison. Smooth riding, quiet, and the best tread wear I think I've seen on a mud tire. I have almost 50,000 miles on them and they still look good. I do like the terra grapplers however and a buddy of mine runs them on his Z71 and they have done well.

·
Registered
10,855 Posts
good choice. I have the toyos and they did not last near as long as i think they should have for the price. I do tow a lot, and have 7000 cross country miles on them pulling a 14,000 trailer. But i've only got about 30,000 miles out of them and expect to get maybe another 10k. Not sure whats going on next but i'm not thinking toyo.
40,000 safe miles on a tire with these beasts is pretty good. Your only option is some 265 Michelins.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts