Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
129 Posts
I've got em. They only come in load range D and they came on my sled so i'm still runnin em. I have the 2 inch spacer so i couldnt comment on stock height not rubbin but it seems like they have more body roll in corners than they should.

· Registered
67 Posts
Looked at this size and went went with the 285/70/17 terra grapplers for the load range E. They look good and ride grate, so far very pleased.:headbang::headbang:

· Registered
83 Posts
I have them on my truck and it is stock height, they do not rub. they came on the truck when i bought it. The truck is about do for new tires and I am debating putting the same tire on or going with the 285 load range E because I plan on upgrading my travel trailer to a 5th wheel sometime in the next year.

· Registered
523 Posts
I got 275/70/18 on mine 2" lvl kit and I have no rubbing problems.

· Registered
47 Posts
Watch the load rating!!!

I had a set on my '06 and only got 24k miles out of them... all the way down to the wear bars, without much towing! I'm sure if you get the newer load rating E tires you will do better but they didn't have them back in '06 (that I know of). I didn't dislike the ride at all though, very soft and comfy... just REALLY crappy wear-life.

· Registered
523 Posts
I looked at the D rated and just could not bring myself to try it, my 275/70/18's are E rated. I have had them on for 1000 miles know and love'em no real hum, a tine little bit of it when the windows are down and cruisein around town.

· Registered
561 Posts
I've got 295/70/17 D's on mine, and 45,000 miles later I am just beginning to sniff the wearbars. I kept the fronts at max psi. rears at 55psi. and rotated every 5K miles. Not a single problem here. I dont haul heavy and pull a 21' boat or carhauler occasionally, but if I was haulin heavy then I would be throwin on some 285/75/17 E's. I'll email pics if anybody wants to see em.

· Registered
30 Posts
I have them on my truck (dealer installed when I bought the truck). They have 8,000 miles on them and I cannot see any noticeable wear yet. Ride is soft and they have good traction. I wouldn't recommend a slalom course though:hehe:

· Registered
1,478 Posts
I would never run a load range d on these trucks. Too many blowout/roll over stories from people running D's. I'm going to get those e rated 33' Hankooks when the time comes.

· Registered
62 Posts
I have them on my rig. I am waiting for them to wear out so I can get 315/70/17's.
I have a KORE 3 inch leveling kit and I can actually fit 37's on it with no problem.
I don't think I am going with the 37's though.
I like the 295's they work pretty well.

· Registered
112 Posts
I have a set of 325/60/20 40,000 miles, some pulling the toyhauler, and a dump trailer once in a while no complaints, nice ride, quiet, I will replace with the same I think, when the time comes.

· Registered
38 Posts
I have a set of 295's on one of our trucks they seem to ride well and getn pretty good milage from then so far. got a hell of a deal 690 bucks from jordontire.com shipping free too. cant beat that!

· Registered
2014 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 - leveled, Stock
75 Posts
I have 295/70/17 nitto's on mine, stock height, no rubbing at all. I don't haul very often so they have worked fine for me, no sign of wear yet, about 6k on them and rotated once. If I was using it like a 1 ton truck, I would definately have the "e" rated tires on it.

· Registered
77 Posts
I,m running the 325/70/17 on mine they are D rated, but that rating for that tire was more than the E rated stock tires (bigger tire handles more weight) just check that the weight is at least the same as the E rated or stock and you'll be fine (check the tire spec at Nitto website). I love this tire it even rides better than the stock size, does rub a little lock to lock.

· Registered
78 Posts
I just installed the terra grapplers in 305/70/r17 (load range E) on mine.

No leveling kit, and no rubbing as far as i can tell, I have not been offroad though. They ride good

· Registered
11 Posts
I just got a set of 290/70/17 on tuesday. They look great on a stock truck. No rubbing and the ride is good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.