Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Description: I ran the Tera Grappler M/T's. The look cant be beat, and if you dont mind replacing every 10-15k i highly recommend. But as far as buying a set of tires that will last over 20k miles, i cant say that these tires will do that. Brand new/lightly worn they are awesome in the mud. I really liked these tires, but i wish they would last a little longer. Go with BFG All terrains (they come with a 50k warranty and discount tire stand behind that).

Keywords: Nitto Tera Grappler M/T

·
Registered
7 Posts
These are awesome when new, but my 285s were bald in less than 18,000 miles. The tread looks cool, but wears off way too fast. I would say your better of with a different tire if you are concerned about tread life. The rubber is soft.

Rating4
Prosawesome traction when new
Constread life is short
Would you recommend?no

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
handle great in all conditions.
have 20k on mine, rotated every oil change & have 2/3 tread left.

Rating10
Proseverything so far.....
Consnone yet!!!
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I bought these tires in 305/55/20 and were slightly used (about 5,000 or so on them). I have since worn them down over the last 2.5 years and they will probably reach 30,000-35,000 miles. Overall, these are pretty good tires. They aren't all that good in the mud, so be mindful. When they're past 1/2 tread, the traction starts going downhill on grass, gravel and such. However, road manners have always been superb.

Rating7
ProsGood Looking Tread and Comfortable ride
ConsLackluster traction past 1/2 tread & treadlife
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts