Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and got the tires rotated today and they are getting close to needing replacement. Got a price on a new set of the toyo rt’s which is what I’m running now they have 42k on them and have been a great tire and I should be able to squeeze another 10k out of them they’re at 6/32nds.
Any way the guy helping me suggested the ridge grappler as they have an F load rating in my size.
So the question is? Who’s running them and how do you like them?
How many miles do you have on them now and how are they wearing?
How is the road noise?
Any balanceing issues with them?

I ran some nitto terra grapplers a while back and they were good to me. I got 54k out of them and never had an issue that I recall.

Thanks for any feedback fellas!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Don't have a lot of miles on mine but they are wearing well. Very quiet for a AT tire. No balancing issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eric-07

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was wondering the same on this tire.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess this should’ve been in my original post but...

How do they do in the snow?
@v10sport being you’re in WI have you had them long enough to have encountered any snow with them?

·
Registered
988 Posts
No snow yet. Bought them in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eric-07

·
Registered
827 Posts
I ran 3 sets of the Nitto Trail Grappler then switched to the Ridge Grappler last winter (no complaints at all out of the Trail Grappler just wanted something different). These tires are quiet and smooth, also did great in the snow we got last winter. I have about 10k on them now, really don't see any signs of wear yet.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
They're actually a hybrid terrain. This is the G2 and trail grapplers baby pretty much. Noise is pretty similar to the G2. Obviously a little louder because there is a little more spacing in the read pattern but it's not noticeable honestly. I think they're a day and night difference over the G2 though. A lot better in wet conditions. Haven't had the opportunity to take these in snow yet unfortunately. My G2s also saw more mud than these have but I'd assume these perform better. My biggest thing is these don't pick up rocks like the G2s did.
Tread wear has been phenomenal on both tires though. Even with the occasional burnout they still look new after around 30K~ miles.

I did the same thing as Chip61. I've ran every set of Nitto truck tire minus the mud grappler. Saw these come out and had to have them as soon as they released the 35x12.5r20

·
Registered
243 Posts
I am liking what I am reading about these tires. I have Toyo MT’s 315/70/18 which is 36tall and 13 wide. I have about 45k on them. The only thing I would like better is the winter driving on these tires.
So I have been looking pretty hard at these Ridge Grapplers. So there spec says a 35/12.50/18 is 34.7 tall. And the 37 is 36.7 tall. I wonder how they actually measure with a tape? I want these tires but now trying to figure out what size?🤔

·
Registered
10,340 Posts
The Nitto Ridge Grapplers have a 3-ply sidewall. One more then then their little brother the G2's. Makes for a more stable ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts